Hosting a banquet can be a lot of hard work. From creating a guest list to choosing catering options, there are many decisions to be made. If you are in the midst of planning a banquet, here are some tips to help you get through the process:
- Determine a budget: Any party you throw can be expensive, so it is very important to keep track of the amount of money you are spending and what you are spending it on. Sometimes you can save on certain areas of the budget and put the saved money into other aspects of planning.
- Create a guest list: Keep a running list of everyone you plan on having at your banquet. Once the list is finalized, you will have an easier time estimating how much money you will need to host your banquet. Keep track of guests who plan on attending, and get a final head count as soon as possible. This will help you finalize the cost, and it will help you plan how much food will need to be served at the event.
- Choose the right type of food: Catering the banquet is your best option because of the amount of food you will need for all of your guests. It is important to focus the type of food you are serving toward your audience. Is your banquet going to be filled with younger people, or older people? What types of food would they most like to see at your event? Banquet catering companies will often provide you with catering packages and multiple menus to choose from when you are planning your banquet.
- Decide on the type of banquet you are hosting: When it comes to serving guests, there are typically two ways guests can be served – buffet style or as a sit-down dinner. This choice can be based on the type of environment you want to convey at your banquet.
- Decorate appropriately: Is there a theme for your banquet? Certain colors that need to be used? After choosing a banquet hall, try and incorporate design elements that will reflect these sorts of things. Do not forget to decorate the tables, from centerpieces to items placed in between the food dishes, every detail helps enhance the appearance of the room and impresses your guests. Also make sure the place settings are not crammed at the tables so that your guests have enough room to move as they please at each table.
By following these tips, you are on your way to planning a successful banquet. For more information about planning a banquet or banquet catering in NJ, contact the professionals at Richfield Regency, a catering company located in North Jersey. At Richfield Regency, our venue offers three banquet rooms, a variety of catering menus and exceptional service.
420 Bloomfield Ave.
Verona, NJ 07044